positano terrace wedding

florence wedding hall celebrant

civil weddings with interpreter in italy



If you are after a legally binding wedding  (Civil Weddings in Italy, or civil marriage),  I will assist you with all legal aspects required to get married in Italy.
I am a Certified Interpreter for a civil wedding in Italy at any town hall and church in Italy, taking care of all the  legal aspects:

  • Translations of the Certificate of non-impediment for UK couples (CNI) by an approved Interpreter in Italy
  • obtaining the  Atto Notorio in Italy for USA, Canadian & Australian couples or any couple living outside the EU (European countries)
  • interpreting at the pre-wedding promise and at the civil ceremony in Italy.
  • registration of your marriage certificate 

I can offer wedding ceremonies in secluded locations in Italy but you can also suggest one! you can personalize it with readings, poems, and music, ensuring that your day is stress-free and relaxed.


Check Your Date

Legal paperwork needed for civil weddings in Italy

 First, you need a valid passport and proof of single status. Then, based on your citizenship, I will forward all the information and assistance on how to obtain the paperwork.

Couples outside Europe, need a document called ‘atto notorio’, for example.  You can obtain the Atto Notorio in person at your local Italian Consulate in your country but also in Italy.

I can assist you in getting the Atto Notorio at the Tribunal in Italy on your arrival, rather than at the Italian Embassy in your country. 

I will also assist you in obtaining an apostille stamp on your marriage certificate if needed.  The Apostille stamp cannot be obtained in your country. In other words,  to make your marriage certificate valid in your country, it needs to have an apostille.

While UK couples need a CNI translation and a statutory declaration in bilingual format.  I am an approved Interpreter in Italy, therefore I can take care of this part, too.

If you’ve changed your name

When your name on any of your documents doesn’t appear exactly as it does on your birth certificate, you’ll need to give the Italian marriage authorities evidence of your name change (for example, a marriage certificate or deed poll). If you don’t, the authorities may refuse to allow the marriage to go ahead.

To book or find out more about the legal paperwork contact me
To read more go to the Just Get Married in Italy Legal Paperwork link

More Ceremonies

ceremony in campidoglio rome